Sunday, February 21, 2010

F*ck the Boogieman

The Boogieman, the monsters trading off hiding under kids beds and closets, ghosts...All those can take a back seat to this guy in terms of scaring the crap out of me as a kid.

Maximilian refuses to be "re-imagined"

Hell, he still gives me the creeps. If I were to run into this guy in the dark with that disturbing red eye of his I would probably have a Depends worthy moment. If you weren't blessed with Maximilian inspired nightmares as a kid, then obviously you never saw The Black Hole.

The Black Hole was during Disney's "dark period". There were no cute fast food tie-ins, no happy songs, just a quest to mess with kids minds....fricken sweet. Between the BH, The Black Cauldron, The Secret of NIMH, and Water Ship Down...it's a surprise every one in my generation isn't in therapy.

My god The Black Hole ended up with Maximilian presiding over a vision of hell that looks like it's right out of a Bosch painting. Disney...Kids....Hell....yeah.

Now Disney is jumping on the "re-imagining" bandwagon and is doing a remake of The Black Hole. Do not mess with my childhood memories(nightmares)! I just can't wait to see how they mess up Maximilian, and the great music...bah. Maximilian needs to make a call to some studio heads in the middle of the night like the ghost of Christmas future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment