Saturday, January 2, 2010

Whole Wheat Breads Evil Brother



Ever since the family lived in Iceland we have all had a box of Walkers Shortbread dropped in our stocking for Christmas..it is so good, but I'm thankful it's become only a yearly treat. I'm convinced that the reason Santa is fat and Jolie can be directly traced back to a bunch of fat cats laughing with glee at Walkers corporate headquarters.

Yeah it tries to play itself off as a "Bread"...because breads healthy right? Then it tries to disguise itself further as little pie pieces, cookies, or bars...all of which are probably better for you than what it actually is. I don't know if there is any actual bread in it...it might just be a couple sticks of butter powderized in some unholy process and then compressed into a benign shape. I think I was foolish enough to look at the ingredients label one time to see just how bad it was for me...I just blacked out and when I came through I was just sitting fully clothed in a running shower rocked back and forth sobbing.

So, Walkers shortbread, great once a year. Otherwise treat it as some shady character in a bad neighborhood as you pass buy it at the supermarket...don't make eye contact, just keep moving.


0 comments:

Post a Comment