Sunday, January 17, 2010

To Good of an Idea: Bud Bowl...the Game

Before I liked football...I loved Bud Bowl.  I lived in the Keys when this came out.  We hardly came inside to sleep let alone lay around to watch football.  Add in that there was no orginized football and you get the fact that we saw exactly one football game a year Bud Bowl...err I mean the Super Bowl.




But my fond memories of Bud Bowl got me thinking. No, I'm not going to jump into the "bring back" Bud Bowl camp. No, the new thing is "re-imagining" the classics, so they need to go beyond TV....time for a video game.

The set up is perfect. There are no viable football game alternatives to Madden because of the player name monopoly...don't need real names for Beer bottles. Graphics? They are BEER BOTTLES...shift them left, shift them right...maybe a shattering animation for big hits? I figure Budweiser could make a free down loadable game for every major system for what they pay for 2 commercials during the Super Bowl...but people would be playing it long after the Super Bowl. Heck they could promote a drinking game out of it like Beer Pong.

Best is...they could promote new products via online updates. If you could download a new quarterback with great stats, representing a new flavor....wouldn't you try the real beer at least once?

This probably runs up against some kind of "Marketing to Children" hysteria, but they advertise beer every real game....and they sell that Modern Warfare 2 to kids...and you gun down innocents in that...so they can STFU...I want my Bud Bowl!

0 comments:

Post a Comment